Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Review Matte-n-a Mystery

I found this polish in a local Beauty Supply in an almost full display.  The Polish is Mystery From Makeup Cherimoya  and the line is Matte-n-a-.  As the name suggests the whole line of these polishes are matte.

First I would like to say that these polishes stink to high heaven.  The smell is worse than Kleancolor, It is so strong and just smells like it's not 3-free.  For some reason I can not access the Cherimoya site to see if they are or not, so for right now I will assume they are not.

In the bottle Mystery has me sooo intrigued.  Then when I polished my nails with it, it really was a mystery.  I liked the polish before it turned matte.

Here is the polish Matte on my nails:

 I thought it was a really pretty and the shiny-ness of it made me think it would be great for stamping, so I also stamped it on my one nail to see how it would do.  It stamped well, but I had to work fast, because the matte pigments make it dry super fast, so I had to move quickly. (I used Cheeky Plate CH5)

 Then I wanted to add a top coat to see the amazing shiny-ness that amazed me at first, and I was not dissappointed.  I think that these polishes should stay shiny instead of matte, because it's so much prettier in my opinion. 

Also, the Seche Vite I used was old, and smeared the stamp, which was a disappointment, but I didn't have enough on my brush and my brush swiped against the stamp, so that was mainly user error.

Here is a bottle shot if you are interested:

Final Thoughts: I don't think I will be purchasing any more of these, they just stink too much for me, and at $2.99 I don't want to pay for something that stinks that bad.  I am also not a fan of the already matte polishes, because I have a matte top coat, so i feel like I could add the matte if I wanted it to be mattte, but that is just me.  And I think that these polishes are so much prettier before they are matte.

What do you think?

XOX Caitlin

7 comments:

  1. Wow, once you add the top coat this color just comes alive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a bummer that they smell so bad for you. I loooove the smell. lol All of the suedes I have are incredible like this! Where did you pick them up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the smell of normal nail polish, but these are just horrific to me! lol. I picked them up at a place called something like J fashion, just a local beauty supply shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they smell like an art room. Memories *sighs* LOL
      I have no cool indie places like that around here. Will continue ordering them I guess! Thanks :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE this!! Any chance you could get me one? I'll gladly swap or Paypal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would be a problem! Are you able to email me from my 'about me' page?

      Delete
    2. I just emailed you. Let me know if you don't get it. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...