Sunday, May 20, 2012

Neon Swatch Wheel!

So if you have been following me on instagram(I'm Caitlinspolish if you want to follow me. :)), you got a sneak peek of this awesome swatch wheel I have been working on the past two days.  You can kind of see my train of thought for the wheel with my photos leading up to it. lol. 




Lets start with the inspiration post.  I had on some neon shorts from the walk my mom and I did yesterday morning, and my sister had some highlighters and pencils in the door of the car, and I snapped a picture and posted it...



Then the instagram post of my haul from Sally's and Walgreens that day.  I bought my first swatch wheels for nail art at Sallys and I got the 3 neon Sinful Colors from Walgreens.  I am really loving these neons, and for $2 you can't beat them,  they were opaque in 2 coats.



Now onto the swatch wheel. I absolutely <3 this swatch wheel.   I used the 3 neon Sinful Colors Neon Melon, Summer Peach, and Pink.  I also used Acrylic paint, and some Wet N Wild Black Creme for the ones that I used striping tape on. 

All of them are freehand. I am pretty proud of these, I have to say.


The names of the colors are Neon Melon, Summer Peach, and Pink, and they were all from the Sinful Colors Display.  I managed to snap a picture of the display before I left, in case you are curious.


I am pretty proud of these. <3 What do you think?

XOX Caitlin

13 comments:

  1. these are amazing!! love the colors....I need these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are awesome. I haven't been to Walgreen's in awhile for my Sinful Colors fix but I'm going to have to go soon now! And that nail wheel is awesome, so many I love that I'd love to try and recreate. Very nice job. I'd love to see more of these if you do them again - I'm pinning it right now so I can come back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, your swatch wheel looks gorgeous! Love the designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your designs look so good! I wish when I did my own nail art it looks that good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Very precise and finished looking. I need to start working on some of these - need to get some blank wheels first, I've experimented all over all of mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I got these swatch wheels specially for this. It's really nice to be able to see the nail art on the wheel, and I love having them themed, so thats how I plan to do the rest of them too. :)

      Delete
  6. I think I am literally going to recreate each and every one of those designs. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so gorgeous! You did so well with every one of them--I want to recreate that red and black funky bargraph/music equalizer/whatever nail! How exactly did you do those lines that way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First I painted the color onto the nail in the order I wanted, then I used striping tape to mark off where I wanted the lines, then I painted over with black and removed the tape and it formed those lines. It is really simple!

      Delete
  8. Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, those are really great! I'm so digging neons right now... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your Designs!!! great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...