Saturday, May 11, 2013

Illamasqua Gradient Stamped Houndstooth Mani

In this mani I used Illamasqua Muse as the base, stamped with a gradient houndstooth.  I love how this looks on the nail, and will definitely be experimenting with it more in the future!  The black and white used are Wet N Wild Black Creme and Sinful Colors Snow Me White. Plate used was Cheeky CH13 with the variation of a houndstooth.

To get a gradient to use as the stamped image instead of the base image, you add 2 colors to the stamping plate on opposite ends letting the two colors touch in the middle.  From there you take you old gift card and scrape directly across where the two colors meet, in order to mix the two colors in the middle without moving one color to the opposite side and to spread the color evenly across the image plate. where the two colors meet is where the color has mixed, and in this case, Black and white create grey in the middle. I hope that makes sense!

Illamasqua Muse stamped gradient houndstooth

What do you think? I love it!

XOX Caitlin  
* All products in this post purchased by me*

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I need to practice stamping more often and you've inspired me to try something new, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need clarification -- you put the black polish on the south end of stamp, the white on the north end. Then do you scrape east to west or north to south? It's a fabulous look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You scrape east to west, allowing the colors in the middle to slightly overlap each time you run the card across for the colors to mix. :)

      Delete
  3. What a cool design, I love the ombre effect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...