Thursday, February 2, 2012

Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge: Inspired by a Book

"Just for the record, the weather today is partly suspicious with chances of betrayal.”

For my choice in the Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge I chose Inspired by a book.  My all time favorite author is Chuck Palahniuk(the Author of Fight Club), so of course I am doing one of his books. :)

My inspiration today comes from Diary, which is my favorite book.

"Misty Wilmot has had it. Once a promising young artist, she's drinking too much and working as a waitress in a hotel. Her husband, a contractor, is in a coma after a sucide attempt, an his clients are threating misty with lawsuits over a series of vile messages they've discovered on the walls of houses he remodeled.
Suddenly, Misty's artistic talent returns. Inspired but confused by a burst of creativity, she soon finds herself a pawn in a much larger conspiracy that threatens to cost hundreds of lives. What unfolds is a dark, hilarious story from America's most inventive nihilist, and Palahniuk's most impressive work to date."

This book has some really neat cover art, and i want to show you my nails inspired by it.


Waytansea:




My left hand:

And I wanted to add an artistic picture in here. :P

Have you read anything by Palahniuk?

What is your favorite book?

XOX Caitlin

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! You are very artistic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely nails! i've only read fight club and survivor (i liked survivor the best, but that may be because i read fight club in norwegian, which kind of ruined the language since i knew alle the quotes from the movie), but i'm borrowing lullaby and non-fiction right now. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! I love Chuck and your nails! Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing. I've read most of his books, and Survivor would have to be my favourite, up there with Tell-All and Damned. Can't wait for the next one of the Damned series to come out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I love that you love Chucky P.

    Second, I love that you spell Caitlin correctly.

    You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing. Invisible monsters is my favorite book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look. I'm a huge Chuck Palahniuk fan and nail polish junkie! Invisible Monsters is my favorite book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing. Invisible monsters is my favorite book

    ReplyDelete
  9. Invisible Monsters is my favorite :) Your nails are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! I adore these nails!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fave book has to be Survivor or Snuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fave book has to be Survivor or Snuff

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's my favorite author!! Survivor is my favorite book. I wish I had this kind of talent. And great nails like this too hahah

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's my favorite author!! Survivor is my favorite book as well. I wish I had this kind of skill. Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's my favorite author!! Survivor is my favorite book. I wish I had this kind of talent. And great nails like this too hahah

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it. I'm gonna try to do this (and fail, obviously, I can't draw to save my life.).
    Diary is definitely in my top three of Chuck books. I've almost read them all (I need Fugitives and Refugees and I'll have my whole collection).

    ReplyDelete
  17. 1. survivor
    2. Diary
    3. pygmy
    4. choke
    5. haunted
    6. snuff
    7. lullaby
    8. Damned
    9. Invisible monsters
    10. I don't talk about #10
    11. rant
    12. tell all

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, that's great!
    Yes, he's my favourite author. I like almost all his books, the last was Rant :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i hope you know the man himself (Mr.Palahniuk that is) shared a link to this! and of course super awesome nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is completely amazing! This is the only book I've read of his. So pleased for you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. gorgeous and simple . a great combination . thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...