Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 16: Creative Lacquer Challenge: Rainbow

Today's challenge is Rainbows.  I did one mani earlier, that was an EPIC fail, so I had to re-do it to something that was decent to post. :P  This turned out AMAZING.  I absolutely love the way this turned out! Lets just get on to the pictures!


 Isn't that a beauty!

So here is how I created this mani: I used a cosmetic sponge to paint the polish on my nails.  it is as simple as that.




 Here is a photo of the sponge next to my thumb so you can see how the gradient worked itself out.  I literally just put paint lines on the cosmetic sponge and it soaked it all up and when I dabbed it on my nails the colors magically blended together.


and a photo of all the fingers for good measure. :)

I started out with a base polish of white, I used Sinful Colors Snow me White

The colors I used for the gradient are(from base to tip):
Color Club: Pucci-licious
Color Club: Chelcea Girl
Color Club: Twiggie
Color Club: Almost Famous
OPI: Orange mini from the Spookette set
Color Club: Cadillac Red

Stamping: Wet N Wild Black Creme
Cheeky CH5



I love this manicure! What do you think?

XOX Caitlin

24 comments:

  1. Oh wow! This is crazy gorgeous! What a brilliant idea to paint the gradient onto the sponge, I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is stunning! I may have to try something like this for Pride :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Presh Polish stole my phrase!

    This is really really CRAZY Gorgeous. I'm Pinning this right away on my pinterest.

    Dude, I love your gradient blending together. Looks Fabulous to just have the colors on the sponge. DId you Use a white base polish?

    So pretty! The stamping is fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did use a white base! I forgot to include that. oopsie *off to edit*

      Delete
  4. I think i love it!lol you knocked me out with the roller sponge - now i no longer like mines (flat sponges) bahh lol. I absolutly love the stamping and the design :)

    http://theclockwisenailpolish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing this technique all over Pinterest and can't wait to try it out, your mani is excellent inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. Everyone loves this, I posted it on Pinterest and in the first hour it was repinned 42 times! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow, this is a fabulous gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!! I really need to try your technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. DUDE!! This is amazing and stunning!! I would NEVER have thought to paint the design on the sponge like that! I was an epic fail on my first sponging attempt-but maybe I won't be if I try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colours you used fade really well into each other! And that's really cool with the sponge, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is too awesome! I must try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely the most fabulous rainbow nails I've ever seen!! WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is THE most amazing manicure I have ever seen! The colors blended perfectly and the stamping looks amazing. I can't stop staring! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Going to try this...it looks really fun and not overly difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder if you did circles instead of stripes it would possibly look tie dyed? Hmmmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...