Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Makeup and Some of my Favorite Beauty Products!

I have never done a beauty review before, but I wanted to give you guys a taste of what I love to use when it comes to my makeup.  I am one of those types of people who don't like change, especially when it comes to my makeup and hair and when something I like is discontinued I get upset. I don't think these are full reviews, just my opinions on the products I use. I hope you find it a little bit helpful!

 Onto the products! 

Ok I just have to rave a second about my absolute favorite lipstick.  Well, it's an almost lipstick. The color is black honey, and it is a deep plum color in the tube.  In high school My friend bought this almost lipstick, and told us that it looks good with everyone's skintone. So of course we had to try it out on everyone who walked in the door. and sure enough, IT DID. we put this lipstick on everyone, and it looked good on everyone.  it has just the right amount of something. I don't even know what.  but the shade is perfect for EVERYONE. That is why it instantly became my favorite lipstick. 


Here you can see the color of it. doesn't it look really dark, like it wouldn't look good on alot of people? well... I am telling you, just look in the picture above, it gives my lips the perfect tint to them, and It is the lipstick I reach for if I am going out to do something, I wore it on the field when I was in marching band, it literally goes everywhere with me. 



I just recently read on Temptalia that in January for spring they released MORE almost lipsticks in more colors!  Now I feel like they are pokemon and I "gotta catch 'em all" I especially want the red and nude ones... well... I want them all!

These are the new Almost Lipsticks! I can't wait to get my hands on them all! 

  • Black Honey
  • Shy Honey
  • Tender Honey
  • Spice Honey
  • Luscious Honey
  • Chic Honey
  • Lovely Honey
  • Flirty Honey


Another thing from Clinique that I have to rave about.  This mascara.  Just look at this brush.  Doesn't it look intersting? to me, the brush makes all the difference, it literally separates all of my eyelashes, and its kind of like a mini brush that applies the mascara like a dream.  I am almost out, and need to buy some more, but this is my favorite mascara. I have been using it for about 3 years, and I absolutely love it. 


Clinique High Lengths Mascara is my absolute favorite mascara.




This is Suave Dry Shampoo. It saves my hair from having to wash it every day, so I can use this every other day when I don't wash my hair.  It gives hair extra volume, and I have already been through 2 cans of this stuff just since august.  If you are looking for something to save your hair between washes, this is the stuff for you. I have used others, but honestly this one does the job just fine, and it is relatively cheap.


Now to foundation.  I don't wear makeup every day.  When I do wear makeup though I wear Bare Minerals. I have been using bare minerals for the past 4 years, and I have no desire to stop.  It works very well for what I need it for. 


I have more products that I rave about, if you enjoyed this post, do let me know, and if you would like to know more about a product just let me know. :)

XOX Caitlin

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I had Black Honey when it first came out years ago and loved it. I have no idea what happened to it. You've made me wanna go buy it again! But I have a question for you - what do you use under your BE mineral foundation? Moisturizer? Primer? I like it but I feel like it gets cake-y after awhile and when I try to smooth it over again with my fingers it streaks ... Does this ever happen to you? I would love to hear your thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually used the Bare Minerals primer before i found out about the Monistat Chafing Powder-Gel. It is basically made of the same thing, but it is much cheaper than the Bare Minerals primer. I wore the makeup with primer for long periods of time in heat and sweating for marching band last year, and besides being sweaty when I was hot, my makeup stayed in place(as long as I dabbed the sweat off, and not rubbed it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post! i get upset when my go to products are discontinued, too... it always makes me run out and buy backups immediately!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do more makeuprelated blogposts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...