Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Psych Week of Colors: Black

Somehow I stumbled upon a color psychology website, and so I decided I wanted to do a week of colored mani's and give the description of the color from the website.

As a psychology major, I thought this would be a cool thing for me to do since school this week. :)

First up: Black.

"Black is the color of authority and power. It is popular in fashion because it makes people appear thinner. It is also stylish and timeless. Black also implies submission. Priests wear black to signify submission to God. Some fashion experts say a woman wearing black implies submission to men. Black outfits can also be overpowering, or make the wearer seem aloof or evil. Villains, such as Dracula, often wear black."

And what color is more perfect to show you today than Black Tie? :)

This is Sally Hansen Black Tie. It is a beautiful black duochrome that flashes purple to teal and has a black/grey base.



And when I turned the flash on look who decided to show their face:



And a bottle shot because I love you all. This is Stellare Notte vs Black Tie.  They are almost identical. I feel a comparison post coming on...


Thats all for now folks!

XOX Caitlin

Tomorrow: White!

I got the color psych info fof this upcoming color week from:
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/colors1.html

5 comments:

  1. This sounds really intersting, I can't wait to see more! Black Tie is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the idea behind this, can't wait to see more. I don't have either of these polishes, so now I am dying to see a comparison cause I want Black Tie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I just picked this up today on Sale at Walgreens - Your pictures are so pretty of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! I just picked this up today on Sale at Walgreens - Your pictures are so pretty of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is gorgeous!!! My fave black is Orly Liquid Vinyl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...