Monday, June 11, 2012

Acid Wash nails!

Acid Wash nails!  I've seen a couple of blogs posting photos of their nails using this technique, and I wanted to try it out. 

The technique to get this effect is to paint different layers of polish, and use remover on top of the layers of polish to remove the top colors and show the colors beneath. 

I used Illamasqua Poke as the base color, then a layer of Zoya Bevin, and a layer of Color Club Sweet Pea from the Blossoming Collection on top.  Then I used Pure Acetone and an ELF makeup brush I got at target and removed some of the layers of polish to achieve this look!

I think this looks so neat! I love it. :)



XOX Caitlin

7 comments:

  1. Nice! I need to try this!! These look stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I like your choice of colours - nice contrasts :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, I'm liking the color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so cool. I think it is called the acid wash manicure. Another on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...