Thursday, June 28, 2012

Orly: Grave Mistake

For these nails I started out with a base of 2 coats of Orly Grave Mistake.  Then I used the shiny mirror reflective dots placed on the nail.

To achieve the mirror dots, I had a metallic gift bag that someone had given me for a birthday, and I purchased a hole punch from Hobby Lobby(in the paper art section with the other hole punches). I used the hole punch to make the dots using the smallest hole available on the punch and this is what I got! I am happy to say that the dots did not crinkle or anything when I put the topcoat on. 

To smooth it out I used 1 coat of Gelous and 2 coats of HongKong Girl Topcoat.



Don't forget about my giveaway! Enter Here!


 What do you think about the silver dots?

XOX Caitlin

9 comments:

  1. Those shiny dots are the cutest, most creative thing ever! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool mani! I love the dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did here, and a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found you through Polish-o-rama.
    Your blog is just fantastic. THis is so creative and lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...ps. I am wearing dots today too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks so great! Awesome use of an old gift bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this mani & the dots or so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Former lurker here:) what a cool idea, I think the end result looks great, eye catching without being OTT.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...