Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 5: Creative Lacquer Challenge

Inspired by something in your house.

Ok, I'm not going to lie, I did the awesome watermarble nails, and then went on a quest to find something in my house to match so I could use it for todays post.. I know kinda backwards from what we were supposed to do. :P  But I did such an awesome marble and I remembered I had a dress with the same colors, so  I think it should count.  even though I could have done a splatter mani with these colors and made it even closer to my "inspiration."

For this marble I used China Glaze Traffic Jam, Color Club Almost Famous and Color Club Chelcea Girl. I put a layer of white on before I did the marble so that the colors would pop. :)


The Inspiration: A one shoulder "splatter" dress.


XOX Caitlin

11 comments:

  1. Wow, this has got to be one of the best marble manis I've seen. What polish brands did you use? I've only experimented with the marble style for fun, but I find my colors dry up too quickly; I probably need to drop the polish in warmer water, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edited! I totally forgot to add those in the post! lol.

      Delete
  2. I'm almost jealous of these. I can't even get my colors to spread in the water. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazingly well done. I've tried this once and it was a disaster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! Such a pretty marble :) And the dress is sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful. I Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...