Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Day 15: Creative Lacquer Challenge Favorite Band

Today's nails are a tribute to middle school me.  My favorite band in middle school was AFI.  Over the past two years they have virtually dropped off of the face of the earth unfortunately, because they were my favorite band in middle school.   They have been around since before I was born, and their popular songs include Miss Murder and Love Like Winter from their album Decemberunderground.  Before that their most popular song was Sing the Sorrow from the Sing the Sorrow album.


In this manicure I used Sinful Colors Snow me White as the base and freehanded the bunnies and AFI logo in Wet N Wild Black Creme.

It looked much better before I put the topcoat on, because I put on the Barielle Manicure Extender Top Coat, and it did not play nice with my nail art. :( I should have stuck with my good ol' Seche Vite.  That is why my nails are streaky, because of the topcoat. :(



This is what I was replicating in case you are not familiar with AFI:



The smeary lines kinda make it look like its rusted or something, you know those stains from water?

Anywho, What is your favorite band?

XOX Caitlin

3 comments:

  1. ahhh I love AFI! great nails to go with it:) My favorite bands are Chevelle, Three Days Grace and Atreyu

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! AFI nails! I'm more of a Art of Drowning and before type of gal, I even have a blue and black Nephilim tattoo'd on my right calf.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...