Thursday, April 12, 2012

Swatch Sticks + Nubbins + Some news

Hi all!

Warning long post ahead! You can skip down to the pretty pictures if you don't want to read about my life.   :P

First news: I am switching universities next year! I am no longer going to be a student at University of South Carolina, I am moving back home and going to University there. So if I don't post regularly over the next few weeks, its because I am in the process of finishing exams and moving my stuff back home!

I have a few updates for you all, I haven't posted the last few challenge posts because:
1) Classes are beginning to go into exams, and I haven't had alot of time to paint my nails
2) My nails are nubbins now, and it kinda makes me sad. :(
3) My Partner in crime on this challenge, Bec, has not posted either, due to cutting her finger with the fimo slicer. :(

More news: I am soooooooooo excited to get some color morphing pigment from Lori Hill Shadow, she was soo sweet to order some and dispense it to all of us.  The pigment i am getting is called Chalemeon and it is made for car paint.  Lori found out that this pigment will be discontinued, so I snatched it up quickly!  It looks amazing, like CLARINS 230!  When you mix it with topcoat and put it over black it has the same copper red/green that clarins has.  OMG I AM SO EXCITED. I can't wait to mix some up and show you guys!

and even more news! I have reached 300 followers! I am so excited about this guys!

aaaaaaand I am going to London over the summer to see my amazing boyfriend. I got my passport in the mail last week!

I have also been swatching most of my stash. :) I have a Pic for you all of my swatchsicles. (this photo kind of reminds me of a runway.



And one of them attached to the screw thingy:


If you would like the link to the swatch sticks, leave a comment saying so. :)


And to show you guys my nubbins, I have 2 photos from these past few days in which I have not posted.

China Glaze Urban Night - 2 coats.  See how short they are!!



and this is Milani Totally Cool.  I originally wanted this because i is supposed to have a clarins 230 esque apearance, and it does in the bottle.  but on the nail it doesn't translate, which is kinda dissappointing, but it is still a beautiful deep rich color. and I love it! 


XOX Caitlin

15 comments:

  1. Good luck with your move, I know how hard it can be switching universities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It will definitely be different, going from a university with 30,000+ students, to one with around 5,000 it is going to be a big change!

      Delete
  2. I love your swatchsicle runway! Good luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting times, man!! :) All the best, and I can't wait to see this 230 dupe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to have the link to your swatchsicles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the link to the nude swatch sticks, They accidentally sent me clear ones, which are shown in the runway looking photo, and had to resend me the nude ones, but these are the ones I ordered:

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/50x-White-Nail-Art-Tips-Polish-Display-Practice-Stick-Fan-Shape-Board-Stick-Tool-/280782314016?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415fee1a20

      Delete
  5. I am LOVING nubbins lately.. don't know why, I aspired to get long nails forever then just decided one day to file them all down. Cute for summer I guess? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny story- I order my nail sticks from the same company and they sent me the clear ones by mistake too! And when I got the "replacement" nude sticks, they were clear! They told me there was a problem in their system and it would most likely happen again, so they just refunded my money. Have you gotten your replacements yet? It'd be funny if they were clear too!

    And great thinking using labels on the sticks. I just write on them with a sharpie and clean it off with non-acetone remover if I re-use the stick. I like your way better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually did get my nude ones yesterday! that is so strange they did that to you!

      And I just write it on paper and tape it to the stick, so it is easy to remove. :)

      Delete
  7. Why do you prefer the nude nails sticks over the clear nail sticks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because they resemble the natural nail.

      Delete
    2. Makes sense. Thanks for your help and for responding. I am going to get the nude.

      Delete
    3. not a problem! The clear ones are good for glitter, I think. so you can layer them and see them over colors.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...