Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Clarins 230 Franken... What??

 Today's polish is a franken I made.  As many of you know, the beloved Clarins 230 is hard to come by, it is so rare and beautiful it has been named Unicorn Pee.  I have been in search of it for some time, and with it going for $70+ on ebay(which is the only place to find it unless you know someone willing to part with it) I decided to do some research on it.  I came across a blog, More Nail Polish, which had some color morphing pigments that looked similar to Clarins, and I fell in love.  I knew I had to have some.  So I went to the Brides of Frank group and begged for someone to have some in small enough quantities that I could purchase for a smaller amount than the jar on ebay for $45.  And someone bought some and resold to the group.  I can not express my thanks enough, because now my lemming for Clarins 230 has been squashed.

The pigment is called Chameleon Pigment in Copper Red/Green, and unfortunately it is being discontinued. :( I'm glad I got some before it goes away! and I just mixed it into a Color Club topcoat bottle I had, and voila! I have to shake it to get the pigment to disperse if I leave it sitting, but that comes with the territory, because I don't have any suspension base.

Here I layered it over NYX Girls Ink Heart, and 1 layer of my Franken.

(a little warning though, Ink Heart stains like no ones business, so it is definitely best to wear a basecoat with it, unless you want blue nails until they grow out. lol)

You can click to enlarge these beauties. ;)


I don't normally do macros but I had to for this one... It is just such a beauty.
 



 Here the Red shines bright!


And here the green shift shows amazingly!


Ladies, I don't own Clarins, but from photos I have seen, this looks pretty close.  I absolutely love it and don't want to take it off!

XOX Caitlin

7 comments:

  1. That is stunning! I may need some...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! I have never seen the Clarins 230 so I can't tell you if it looks the same or not but this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you sold a bunch of these you could make yourself a pretty penny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...