Monday, September 10, 2012

Digit-al Dozen - Kick Off Blue Week

Digit-al Dozen Blue Week! About a month ago, I was approached by Debbie over at The Crumpet to join a small group of 12 that participates in a challenge once a month for five days based on a theme the group chooses. This week is Blue!

To start this week off, I am bringing you a really cool glitter sandwich to kick off Blue Week.

I started this mani off with China Glaze Ride the Waves, which is a very sheer blue jelly polish.  Because it is so sheer it is perfect for jelly sandwiches.  Then I added a layer of China Glaze Lorelei's Tiara. Lorelei's Tiara is a silver micro glitter with larger blue glitter.


This looks amazing, if I do say so myself. The blue China Glaze is very sheer, and perfect for jelly sandwiches.



And a macro to show the detail of the glitter sandwich. 


XOX Caitlin

The Inlinkz tool for the Digital Dozen! XOX

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a great idea! This is so beautiful!! I really want to re-do this sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Ride the Waves is perfect for jelly sandwiches!

      Delete
  2. Hi Caitlin, I don't want to be controversial here but I wanted to thank you for all the time, money and effort you put into giving us really great swatches. I was prompted to say this because I just read a blog where a perfectly nice polish looked awful because of really careless application. The blogger had commented 'yeah I know I didn't clean up but who cares right?' and I'm thinking 'me! I care'. I find I can be put off a polish by this. I know mistakes happen, I'm not a great manicurist either, but I don't post anywhere. So I wanted to say thanks for the quality you always give us, you try to show the polish to its best advantage while being honest in your review. I think that deserves a mention, personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Comments like these make blogging worthwhile! <3

      Delete
  3. aaahhh, what a perfect combo!!! blue AND glitter!!! i love love blue, so this will be such an enjoyable week for me!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this mani!! It looks amazing :) I might need to pick up Ride the Waves! Btw, I agree with Alison G, thank you for all the time and effort you put into your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a drop dead gorgeous jelly sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it !! I would never have thought those 2 polishes would look so good together xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...