Thursday, September 13, 2012

Digit-al Dozen Blue Week: Foil

For today's installment of blue week, I have a foil for you. To me, foils are a gorgeous way to have a super shimmery metallic on your nails or a holographic effect you can't achieve any other way.  The only problem is they don't last very long and they don't like any topcoat I have tried. :(

For these nails I used OPI Dating a Royal as the base, and then I used the foil Opal Glitter from Dollar Nail Art.  Having Opal Glitter on top of this gorgeous royal blue, I was really happy with.

AND THEN....



All of the "glitter" part of the Opal Glitter foil went away when I applied topcoat. :(

This is how I feel.


I have tried every single topcoat I own, and all of them still dull the effect. They actually cause the foil to crinkle and that is what takes away the effect.

Anywho, I actually like how the nails turned out, they look as if they are frozen. What are your thoughts?

XOX Caitlin

The other Lovely Digit-al Dozen ladies!

8 comments:

  1. I've never done a foil before and that's weird how they all have an aversion to top coats....love the picture you posted bahaaaa, I love the "Y U No like" pics XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree I think it works with the dull effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried foils. Your mani turned out very pretty even if you had the problems with the top coat! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would it help to dab the topcoat on like you would some of those really thick glitters. Might stop bits moving around with the strokes of the brush.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting end result! Makes me think of really cool looking denim

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...