Saturday, August 4, 2012

Guest Week: Cuti-CLUE-les

Hey all!

Guest posts are one of my favourite things to do so when Caitlin asked if some bloggers could help out while she was on holiday I was delighted to lend a hand :) I had a fair bit of trouble thinking up a fun design that anyone could do but I eventually settled on a Super Mario theme. I love super mario and I have done a much harder version before.






Yoshi is my favourite character and the egg design is so easy to replicate and it is so eye-catching. I went with a white base to really make the colours pop. For the tips I used the hat colours of the other characters. Red-Mario, Purple- Waluigi, Green-luigi and yellow- Princess Peach. I used the same colours for the spots on the egg.








Red- Miss sporty Red tang, Purple- Catrice Plum play with me, Green- Catrice Run Forest Run! and yellow- Catrice Birdy Reloaded. For the white background I use No7 White tip.You can pick up cheap striping tape on ebay. I just slap on a layer of top coat and it keeps it safe for a day or two :) A good tip when you are painting on your white base is to first stick on some striping tape, paint on the white base and remove the tape while the polish is still wet. This mean when you finish your mani you have a nice clean layer of striping tape and it lies flush with the polish so you can't pick at it ;)


That's all there is to it! One of the easiest designs I have done but I think it turned out great. The more vibrant the polish colour the better! I just wish the Irish weather was nice enough to really show off this manicure.

Thanks Caitlin for letting me post on your blog! I hope ye all like it!

Cuti-CLUE-les
http://cuti-clue-les.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Makes me want to dust of my N64 and play some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D It's just the best game ever :P x

      Delete
  2. So fun!! I am loving your Mario manis, make me want to go play Mario Kart right now =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you!! I'm actually tempted to go play it now too :P

      Delete
  3. So cute! Great tip about the striping tape too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...