Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Red Week: Red Snakeskin

These nails look pretty cool, but I don't think you can really tell that it is supposed to be snakeskin.  lol

I began this mani with one coat of Models Own Red Alert, and then applied 2 coats of China Glaze Ruby Pumps and one coat of China Glaze Ring in the Red for a little bit of a brighter red sparkle.  Then I applied a nail foil over the red mani to create the red snakeskin mani. The foil I purchased from Dollar Nail Art and is called Snakeskin.  Snakeskin has a clear base so it can be applied over a color.

Red isn't the first color that comes to mind when thinking of snakskin, but I think it turned out alright I think, even though it doesn't really look like snakeskin. lol

The Foil ate the topcoat badly, so I think I applied 1 coat of HK Girl, then 1 coat of Gelous, and then 2 more coats of HK Girl to even it out and it finally did.


And another angle:

I like this mani, and it certainly does catch the eye!

XOX Caitlin

13 comments:

  1. It's *really* cool even if it didn't turn out like snakeskin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right, it is hard to tell what it's supposed to be, but it does look cool x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very pretty ,love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so awesome! Love that you did the sparkly red with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! I love it, you should totally do a tutorial on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cool! I love how you used Ruby pumps for this ( a fav of mine when it comes to red polish

    ReplyDelete
  7. its REALLY pretty and it kinda looks like you used the OPI Black Spotted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...