Thursday, July 26, 2012

BFF Challenge: Punk

Punk Rock! For this week's challenge Bec chose to do Punk Nails.  I kept thinking what I could do that would be punk, and I had a hard time, so I eventually came up with this!

I decided to do chains on my nails. I don't think they turned out bad. I used a small straw(from a capri sun) to make the chains, and I dipped the end of the straw into Sally Hansen Silver Sweep, and in order to get the look, I just lined up the straw next to each other.  In the end there were a few gaps, so to fill in, I used my dotting tool and filled in the holes that were missing or needed more polish. 

I used a base of China Glaze Stone Cold, which is matte, but when you topcoat it you get this cool black with micro-shimmer in it! I absolutely love it! It looks awesome matte, or shiny, so whichever you prefer. :)  I added 1 coat of HK Girl topcoat to seal it off, and to make the nails shiny instead of the matte base.


I really like how these turned out!

XOX Caitlin

Check out these other lovely ladies!



7 comments:

  1. Great idea. Bundlemonster plate 12 too has chain stamps. Will try this soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I don't have the bundle monster set though. :(

      Delete
  2. cute!
    love chains!

    i wanna try chains but im not really gifted when it comes to stamping though
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. For punk nails these are the perfect colors. Great work, love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chains look great! I love silver and Stone Cold together, too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...