Monday, July 30, 2012

Guest Week: Missy's Mani's

Hello lovely readers of Caitlin's Creative Corner!
A few weeks back Caitlin asked in the Fairy Crumpet Challenge Group if any bloggers would like to do a guest post for her while shes away on holiday, and having never done a guest post before I jumped at the chance! I'm a huge fan of Caitlin's blog and so this is a real honor :)
I had a hard time deciding what to do for this post so I had a look back at past manicures Caitlin has done for a bit of inspiration. I came across a fabulous Mickey mouse manicure that Caitlin did for a 21 day challenge back in March. I loved it so much I decided to do a similar Minnie mouse manicure.
Caitlin based her manicure on the old school Mickey mouse and so I decided to base mine on the modern Minnie mouse. I love Minnie mouse and pink is my favourite colour polish so I was really excited to do this!
I used Barry M - Bright pink for the base colour and a white Rio nail art pen to create the polka dots and the Minnie Mouse faces.
To create Minnie Mouses face on my thumb I used acrylic paints and a small brush. I mixed white, red and a little yellow paint to create the fleshy colour for Minnie's face and black and white paints for the rest of her face. I topped it off with good ole' Seche Vite to seal in the design. 
Here's Caitlin's wonderful design of the old school Mickey mouse that I based my design on:
I hope you've enjoyed my guest post as much as I've enjoyed putting it together! Thank you for reading and thank you to Caitlin for letting me do a post for her fab blog :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...