Monday, July 16, 2012

"I don't know what to think" Mani

 A while back I purchased a few of the China Glaze Hunger Games polishes on clearance. I am a sucker for clearance, and I hate paying full price for anything.

I put on Dress Me Up as a base coat, and I just have to say, THIS IS NOT MY COLOR. lol. This color does not go with my skintone at all. It made my hands look weird, and I really hated the color on its own. I'm sure that it looks pretty on other people, but on me, it just doesn't flow. lol. The color in online swatches looks like a more camel toned, but on my nails(and maybe its just because of my skintone) It looked much more like a nude blushing rosy color, with a touch of peach and a touch of camel.  It just has a mauve vibe. I wanted to like it so bad, but I just couldn't.

Since I had this color on that looked terrible on me, I figured why not do a little stamping and post it as a fail on the blog, so here it is! I don't actually think that it looks that bad once it has the stamp on it. I used Orly Glitz (sidenote: my glitz isn't glitz&glamour like most, it just says glitz on the bottle, does that mean anything? lol)

I used the Red Angel stamping plate RA109 for the flower image. 



Well, I don't love it, but it isn't too bad. What do you think?

XOX Caitlin

13 comments:

  1. I like it! I don't think that colour would suit me either but you certainly made it look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks good! The color you chose for the stamp goes well with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this color and I adore it. The way you described it the second time is actually exactly what I thought it looked like (not camel, but mauve). That said if you don't like it you could always add it to polishes for a blog sale or give it to a friend who likes it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely not a fail, I like it with the stamping, looks like a vintage manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color and design of the stamp it looks like a baroque-style wallpaper!
    Is Orly Glitz a one-coater?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks very elegant and pretty. I like it but if you don't feel good in it, don't wear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that's a shame you don't like it. I was surprised it actually ended up being 1 of my favourites! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you're right, it totally looks like a rose color on you. Go figure. But I DO like the mani, I think it's lovely. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. The two colours go really well together, but I can see why you aren't keen on the base alone. That's one of the prettiest stamping patterns I've seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love it! Plus, I need those HG polishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome, i am such a sucker for some gold accents!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...