Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blue Comparison!

Blues! I have an obsession with blues, as you can see from the picture.  I love all of these, and they are all a little different.


I will go in order, and talk about formula, application, and what I like about the polishes. All of these polishes have 2 coats.

Nails Inc Baker Street: This is my absolute favorite of them all. It is an amazing cobalt blue with a bit of an electric feel to it. It applied flawlessly in 2 coats, and is the brightest of the polishes on this swatch wheel.

Essie Mesmerize:A great creme blue.  This polish has a great formula, that covered perfectly in 2 coats. I will definitely reach for this one quite often.

Illamasqua Force: This polish has a bit of a purple undertone. The finish on this one dries more satin than the other polishes, and on the nail it lasts quite a while. Illamasqua formula is great, and the consistency of this polish is amazing. It is a gorgeous creme, and covers perfectly in 2 coats.

China Glaze First Mate: This one is a darker creme blue.  I have had it in my stash for some time, and don't wear it often, but I probably should! It applied very well in 2 coats, and it a dusty royal blue.

OPI Dating a Royal:  this polish is tricky. When I first applied it, I was a bit worried that it was super sheer.  On the second coat, I got better coverage though, so it made it all better. In these photos I used 2 coats, and they covered all the way, but in my application I tend to use thicker coats, so you may need 3 thin coats depending on how you polish.

China Glaze Manhunt: This blue is a semi jelly looking polish, and it applies much like OPI Dating a royal.  At first coat I thought they would be dupes, but they are obviously not.  Manhunt is a deeper blue than Dating a Royal, but I can justify having both of them. ;)  I would say that this one is a jelly, but covers to look like a deep creme.

Revlon Royal: A royal blue jelly! This one has been one of my favorite for quite a long time. It is sheer, 2 coats works well, but in 3 coats it is perfectly opaque. It is great for jelly sandwiches.  This one was not too bad in the beginning in regards to formula, but I am halfway through my bottle, and for some reason it began to smell differently!

Essie No More Film:  This one is absolutely perfect.  One coat is opaque, but I did 2 for consistency. It is more purple than blue, especially in this picture, but in certain light it looks like a deep navy blue.  I included this one thinking it would be similar to some of these polishes, but it obviously is not. lol.

NYX Ink Heart: This blue is a slight jelly polish, but is still a bit creme. It stains terribly, and stinks a little bit.  Not really one of my absolute favorites. I don't find myself reaching for it often.

Barry M Indigo: I love love love this one.  It is a cool indigo blue jelly like polish. Covers in 2 coats, and has a great coloring to it!

Ruby Kisses Blue My Mind:  This one stinks to high heaven! I don't think it is B3F but I could be wrong. It is a really cool jelly, and needs more than 2 coats to be opaque.

Jessica Solar Eclipse:  This polish I was expecting more from.  I wanted it to be a creme, and it was a jelly. It was a deep dark jelly. It is a pretty color, but it looks quite similar to the Barielle right next to it.

Barielle Berry Blue: Another dark jelly polish.  I wasn't wowed by this polish either. It applied easily in 2 coats, but the color was average and very similar to the Jessica next to it.



All in all, I think I like the lighter blue polishes more than the darker ones. and it really proved my love for cremes. especially one coaters. lol. Of all of these, my favorites would have to be Nails Inc Baker Street, Revlon Royal, Essie No More Film, and Barry M Indigo.  Other notable mentions would be Essie Mesmerize, Illlamasqua Force, and China Glaze Manhunt.

Hope this helped out in your search for the perfect blue!  I know there are plenty of polishes that I have yet to come across that would be a great blue to add to my collection, if you have any suggestions, please leave a comment telling me about it! 

XOX Caitlin


9 comments:

  1. You have nice collection of blues :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great collection of blues! Where do you buy your wheels? I need to get that kind ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if Nails Inc Baker Street, is a dupe on YSL - Bleu Majorelle.
    Nice collection on blues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo many beautiful blues right there! I'm loving Baker Street, I need to add that to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a sucker for blues too! Where do you get your nail wheels?

    ReplyDelete
  6. great comparison! Baker street is my to go blue too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great comparison post! I love blue polish:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is AMAZING! I was sort of hoping you'd put me off Baker Street, since it's one of the Nails Incs that never goes cheap...instead, I still want Baker Street and now fancy several others of these, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...