Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Teal Tuesday: 3D Nail Art

For today's teal tuesday, the theme is 3D Nail Art! I think these came out pretty well. The accent nail did bug me, so this ended up coming off quite soon after I applied it. It wouldn't have lasted very long I'm afraid.

I did a basecoat of Zoya Bevin, and used some broken seashell looking things that I got in a pack at the Dollar Tree, similar to the seed beads.  I applied the little seashells to my nail trying to achieve a mosaic tile look, but it kind of failed to smooth out at all. I ended up just doing 1 coat of topcoat on top of the nails, but for the accent nail, I did 2 coats of Gelous, and 1 Coat of Seche Vite and 1 Coat of HK Girl TC, and it was just too much for the poor topcoat to handle, so it is still very ridgy, which you can see.  Also, the Accent nail didn't want to dry, so I just took photos, and the tc was still wet. (which I know is my fault for putting so many coats, but I felt it needed it. lol)

I just love Zoya Bevin so much. It is kind of more of a sea-foam green, but I wanted it to be teal, so lets pretend. ;)


XOX Caitlin

Check out these other Teal Tuesday ladies!

Missy/Gnarly Gnails - http://gnarlygnails.blogspot.com
Rhonda Nail Polish Marbury - http://nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com

8 comments:

  1. I love it! That teal is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I haven't seen anything like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh. I have a mini-sized bottle of Bevin, but it definitely doesn't look like that! Mine is more of a dusty blue-grey colour; gorgeous, but not teal. It's so funny how different the colours with the same name can be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the accent nail...and the rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these smashed seashells, I have them too, but everytime I use them I only choose the thinner ones because if I don't the manicura looks really bumpy even with lots of topcoat!!
    I really like this teal colour it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...